Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lipstick Latest

Today I've got three bright and springy lipsticks to swatch and review for you.  The two Bite Beauty ones were purchased by me with my 15% off Sephora coupon.  The Rimmel lipstick was sent to me for testing from Influenster (see below for more info).  Obviously the price points on these are pretty different, but the colors are all great for warmer weather!
(L to R) Bite Beauty Quinta, Bite Beauty Sweety, Rimmel As you Want Victoria

Let's start with the "tamest" of the colors.

Bite Beauty Lipstick in Quinta- This is the color I've been searching for! The swatch isn't doing this shade justice! I wanted something a bit brighter than my natural lip color, and this really works.  It's a little on the coral side, but I'm loving this as a YLBB (your lips but better) shade!  The formula feels nice on, and is decently hydrating.  Lasting power isn't great though.  This smells sort of fruity and vaguely like grapes.  I like it!  I would definitely recommend, and would likely repurchase, which is saying something since I have WAY too many lip products and almost never buy the same thing twice.




Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon in Sweety- It's limited edition, and currently out of stock on the Sephora website, but it was still available in all of the stores in my area at last check.  This is a bright, kinda neon, pink with a hint of coral.  This pulls pinker on my lips than it did when I swatched it in store.  I think this is the perfect fun color for spring and summer.  The scent reminds me of lemon pound cake, YUM!  The lasting power is great, and while it's not moisturizing, it also didn't make my lips feel dry.  This did seem to emphasize lip lines a bit on drier lips, but overall it was actually a pretty weightless formula.  It's a little pricey for such a bold color, but I see myself getting a lot of use out of this as the temps go up!  


Rimmel Moisture Renew in As You Want Victoria- I mentioned that this was sent to me by Influenster.  If you're not familiar with this company, they allow you to take surveys and qualify for free products to test.  I'll post a link below if you're interested in participating.  As for the lipstick, while this isn't a color I would normally have picked, it is fun and surprisingly wearable.  It pulls a bit redder on me than it does swatched, which disappointed mea little.  I think this is the type of color that is best saved for a night out, but if you're brave you could use it during the day.  While this doesn't feather on me, you might want to use a liner with it as it's so bright any mistakes will show.  Lasting power was surprisingly good, as most lipsticks that claim to be moisturizing don't last.  Do be warned though, this transfers like crazy.  One thing I find kind of odd about this is the scent.  It smells exactly the same as Nivea lotion.  It's not a scent that I mind, but it's weird for a lipstick.  Though it does remind me of something moisturizing... I think I will be checking these out in another lighter shade or two.  BUT, right now the packaging of the ones I've seen at CVS, etc differs from the one I received via Influenster, so until I figure out what the deal is with that, I won't be taking the plunge for more. If anyone has any info on this, please let me know!

I always love corals and brights for spring, and I think all three of these achieve that.  I have a few more lip products that I'm still testing, so expect another round of lip picks soon!

For more info on Influenster, go to http://www.influenster.com.  If you'd like an invitation to join, please fill out the "contact me" info and I'd be happy to send you one!

No comments:

Post a Comment