Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Backup Stash

You know you've got some; those products that you just can't live without.  The ones that are so crucial to your daily routine that you always have an extra one, or two on hand.  As somewhat of a makeup "collector," I usually try to restrain myself from getting backups of makeup items, but there are other beauty-related products that I'd just hate to run out of.


Dove Body Wash: I prefer the scent of the original, but the winter care version really is a bit more moisturizing.  As long as I've got one of these two versions, I'm good to go.  

The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil: This stuff is amazing! It smells lovely, doesn't seem to rub off on clothing, and gives you a slightly shimmery (but not over-the-top) bronze glow.  I always use it when dressing up for weddings/special events.  There was a rumor that this was being discontinued a while back, so I got a second one, but a little goes a long way.  I don't anticipate running out any time soon, and luckily the rumor about this disappearing was false!

Neutrogena Original Hand Cream (unscented): I hate having dry hands, but living in a cold climate = dry winter skin.  This is the only hand cream that I've ever found that can last through hand washing.  It's affordable, and nothing else works like it!

Mally Volumizing Mascara:  This is a great mascara for both everyday use and more dramatic looks.  It not only volumizes, but also gives good length.  I actually had 3 tubes of this at one time, but
I recently used one up.  It is a bit pricey, so best to buy it during an Ulta 20% off sale, or in a multi pack from QVC or Mallybeauty.com.

The Body Shop Pomegranate Softening Facial Wash:  This is a nice, non-drying cream cleanser that really does seem to make my skin feel softer.  It does a good job removing face makeup, and doesn't leave my drier skin feeling tight.

Goody Spin Pins:  I keep one set in my travel cosmetics bag and another for every day use.  These actually work really well.  I particularly like them for wet hair, like after a day at the beach.  In addition to using these to secure a bun, you can put damp hair up, leave these in for a bit, and volià- beach waves!

Which beauty products, if any, do you stockpile? 

No comments:

Post a Comment