Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Mix & Match


As I've previously mentioned, I love lip products.  For years, I've layered and mixing different lip products on top of one another to make just the right shade.  Recently I've been experimenting with layering eyeliners as well.  I find that this works particularly well with colorful liners, allowing you to both tone down a bright color, as well as blend and create new shades.  In the swatches below, I've used three NYX eyeliners to come up with four blended liner looks.  Two of the NYX liners are the retractable style, and they are great.  The other one is their traditional eye/eyebrow pencil (all pictured below) and that formula is just okay, FYI.
NYX Retractable eye liners in Deep Purple & Gypsy Blue, NYX eye/eyebrow pencil in Black Brown




(From L-R) First Row: Deep Purple, blue over purple, purple over blue, Gypsy Blue

Second Row: Black Brown, blue over black brown, Gypsy Blue

Third Row: Black Brown, purple over black brown, Deep Purple

I'm wearing the combination in the second row today, and it's a great way to tone down that teal color.  I'm also loving the electric blue color that the purple over blue made. Do you ever mix your eyeliners together to create new looks?  Any favorites or recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment