Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ulta Haul!

First, let me apologize for the long blogging break.  Holidays and still trying to get this blog going led to procrastination.  Moving on…

Every few months, Ulta sends out 20% off coupons that are good on your entire purchase, even on usually excluded high end or "prestige" lines.  There are a few exceptions, but I've yet to run into something that I wanted that was excluded.  The current coupon ends on Saturday, February 1.  Though I usually try to stock up on high end products during the coupon period, I actually ended up with more of the "drugstore" priced items this time around.  Here's what I got:

  • NYX Butter Lipstick in Taffy
  • Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in classic ivory # 810 
  • Palladio eyeliner in Taupe
  • L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Gilded Envy (limited edition from the Butterfly Collection)
  • Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush (on sale for $2.99!)
  • Too Faced Better Than Sex Eye Essentials (contains sample sizes of the new Better than Sex mascara, an eyeshadow, and Shadow Insurance)
Now the initial impressions:
  • So far, I'm liking the NYX Butter Lipstick, but it's not amazing.  
  • The Covergirl Foundation seems nice.  Not sure if it will replace Revlon Colorstay as my everyday foundation, but it could.  The pump packaging is awesome. 
  • The Palladio eyeliner is awful.  Hard and dry and impossible to use without feeling like you're poking yourself in the eye.  Too bad, cause I like the color.
  • Pick up this L'Oreal Infallible shadow! Loving the color and it's limited edition, so hurry up!
  • Haven't used the RT liner brush yet.
As for the Too Faced value pack, am enjoying the eyeshadow.  Though I know many people like the Shadow Insurance primer, I have very hooded lids, and everything creases on me.  The only thing I've ever found that works for me is the Urban Decay Primer Potion (the original one).  Sadly, the Too Faced one was a fail.  Finally, the mascara.  Um yeah, kinda wishing that I'd just gotten the full sized one.  I picked up the Essentials pack with the sample size since I wanted to try the mascara, but had just stocked up on the Mally Volumizing mascara during the holidays.  I actually received a second 20% off coupon from Ulta, and may be going back for a full sized version.  I've only used it for 2 days, but yeah, this stuff rocks.  I didn't even have issues with it running/smudging when my eyes started to tear in the cold! 

Hopefully my little haul has given you some ideas if you're planning an upcoming Ulta trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment